Dobsons 411

Hanging on for the ultimate ride--God's great adventure.

www.melaniedobson.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon

The author of fourteen contemporary and historical novels, Melanie Dobson lives with her family in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Her latest novels are Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor and Chateau of Secrets. More info at www.melaniedobson.com

Friday, February 19, 2010

A New Year

On January 12th, we lost one of our best friends to the earthquake in Haiti. David Hames was shooting a video for Compassion Intl, and he walked into the Hotel Montana one minute before the building pancaked. It took four weeks for the teams to recover him--four weeks of praying for a miracle and hoping that he might still be alive.

David is no longer on this earth, but He loved Jesus and we know that he is in heaven--laughing and singing and probably entertaining the angels with his ukulele. The past month-plus has been an emotional roller coaster, but God has been faithful and blessed our family with strength and peace in the midst of the pain. We miss David dearly, but we know he is very much alive right now. And we are grateful.

Some of you have so nicely called and emailed to remind me that it's been a very long time since I posted pictures of the family. So finally, here are a few Christmas pictures. Thank you for all of your many prayers and encouraging notes during this incredibly hard journey.







3 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Mel, I am just heartsick for you, your family and David's family and other loved ones. Yet, even in the midst of your own pain, I know you have been a blessing to many during this past month+. I pray God will bless you with loads of sweetness in remembering, plenty of time to just cry and be loved on, and the constant knowing that we do indeed have Hope. xoxo

11:41 PM  
Blogger Maddie said...

I read your book "Love Finds You in Liberty Indiana" and it was awesome! My friend read it too and she loved it aswell! Maybe you remember me, I was a helper in a V.B.S group at St. Paul Lutheran Church (and school) last year. One of your daughters was in my group. Thanks for writing such good books!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Maddie said...

I read your book "Love Finds You in Liberty Indiana" and it was awesome! My friend read it too and she loved it aswell! Maybe you remember me, I was a helper in a V.B.S group at St. Paul Lutheran Church (and school) last year. One of your daughters was in my group. Thanks for writing such good books!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home