Dobsons 411

Hanging on for the ultimate ride--God's great adventure.

www.melaniedobson.com
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oregon

The author of fourteen contemporary and historical novels, Melanie Dobson lives with her family in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Her latest novels are Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor and Chateau of Secrets. More info at www.melaniedobson.com

Monday, July 24, 2006

A Hot Day at Barnes and Noble

Thanks so much to everyone who braved the 110-plus temps and humidity to support my first booksigning on Saturday! It was an honor to be able to sign my novel and talk with so many people about writing and adoption. I met a birthmother who'd recently been reconciled with her birth son after thirty years, a husband who was trying to find his wife's birth family, a man who'd just been given custody of his two nieces, and a woman who'd experienced two failed adoptions before finding out she was pregnant.

An hour into the signing, Jon convinced Karly and Kiki to leave the indoor playground to give their mommy a hug. As I wrapped my arms around my girls, I shared our adoption story with another woman who was interested in adopting. In spite of the many challenges we've had, I wouldn't change our past. Our girls are an incredible blessing, the struggles to adopt so blurry in hindsight that we hardly remember any pain.

Together for Good runs the emotional gamut of adoption--both the joy and the sorrow. I pray that as people read this novel, the joy of adoption would trump any pain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Illuminating Fiction said...

Oh man! I wish I could have been there, Mel.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Glad it went well!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Stolmit said...

Look at you signing books at B&N. How proud am I of you, Melanie. Way to go! Hope life is well out there in sunny California. It's all good here in NYC. ~Mitch

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home